Directly recieves and decodes the wireless transmissions from Fine Offset personal weather stations (and their many clones). Broadcast the messages as JSON through a websocket server for further integration. Plug and Play.
Hardware from the pool
- The low-spec Raspberry Pi 1 Model B is more than enough for the task.
- A Re-Used DVB-T Version 1 stick as Software defined radio.
- Wire Antenna with the right length to receive signals at 868 MHz.
- A clone of Fine Offset WH2900 Weather station on the roof. It measures Temp, Humidity, Pressure, Wind strength and direction, Rain, Solar power and UV-Index.
- Raspberry Pi OS (console, headless)
- custom bash script to bridge RTL433 and websocat
- Autostart everything als systemd service
further Customization / Scalability
- Do it with a Python script to additionally achieve Open Sound Control broadcast and/or a websocket server.
- Network over Wifi